ORA’s Polar Performance Packages provide competitive offshore racers with the tools they need to maximize their performance on the water. The Offshore Racing Rule (ORR) VPP is considered the best available worldwide. Using the latest ORR VPP’s and a state of the art calculation method for the collection of measurement data, the ORA Polar Performance Package is a must-have for any offshore competitor to get the best performance out of their boat using the latest data.
Polar Performance Package Includes:
- Aero model for spinnaker force coefficients
- Inclusion of the Sailing Yacht Research Foundation Wide Light study into the 2016 VPP Model
- The addition of whisker pole modeling for centerline asymmetrical boats
- Pre-start reaching polars
- Delivered as an excel spreadsheet
- Performance tables for wind speeds from 6 to 24 knots
- Polar diagrams in both True Wind and Apparent Wind format
- Polars are easily saved as files to be easily imported into the following electronic on-board systems:
- Ray Marine
- Max Sea
The Polar Performance Package is available for $300. To apply online, please click here. Your application will be automatically sent to ORA once you click submit at the bottom of the application page. You will need to pay for the package separately via PayPal.